The Milwaukee Area Woodturners held their 2018 Christmas Party and December meeting on December 3, 2018 in the basement clubroom of the Milwaukee Woodcraft.
The members in attendance enjoyed roast beef and turkey in gravy and other dishes that the members contributed.
After the meal a short business meeting was conducted.
- Chris Kraemer from Woodcraft thanked the Club and Dave Drickhamer in particular for a new record for turning in Turn-For_Troops pens. All told, Woodcraft sent in either 1050 or 1060 pens, depending on how you count them.
- Tony Rozendaal presented Chris and Deena Kraemer with an appreciation gift for their support of the club by allowing us to use their facilities for our meetings.
- Tony presented the nominees for the 2019 board:
- President – Ron Zdroik
- Vice President – Mark Trenier
- Treasurer – Carl Brust (ex-board)
- Secretary – Curt Van Weelden
- Member at Large – Steve Fosticz
- Member at Large – Ken Thrun
- Member at Large – Tony Rozendaal
The members present approved the slate by voice vote.
- Tony presented a change to the Bylaws. The members present approved the change by a voice vote.
- Tony reviewed the AAW Scholarship program. Our club can submit a nominee. We will select a nominee from all those who have expressed interest. If you are interested contact Tony Rozendaal. He will make the selection through a random process later in December.
- Tony thanked those who volunteer and keep the club running smoothly.
- Curt Van Weelden presided over the gift exchange. Several nice gifts were presented.