Dear Fellow Woodturner,
Thank you for your interest in joining the Milwaukee-area Woodturners (“MAWt”).
We are a local chapter of the American Association of Woodturners (AAW) which organizes, supports, and provides networking and educational opportunities for anyone interested in the art of woodturning. The MAWt club consists of both novice and experienced woodturners. We place a high priority on teaching and expanding each member’s turning skills and knowledge of the craft. We encourage each member to freely share ideas, insights, and lessons learned as a result of their experience. Having fun and good fellowship is required at all club functions.
We meet on the first Monday of each month at Woodcraft (14115 W. Greenfield Ave.) in New Berlin. As a guest, you can attend one meeting without obligation to join.
MAWt membership is from January through December. New members that join MAWt after October 1st will not need to renew their membership until the end of the following year’s membership period.
Membership benefits include:
– Monthly meetings with live demonstrations
– Use of the clubs extensive lending library of woodturning books, videos and magazines
– Invitation to join our club Facebook group and club Google group to share information and seek help from other members
– Networking with other woodturners. The more you participate the more opportunities you create to advance your skills and have more fun. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience available to you if you want to learn and grow your skills.
What membership category makes sense for you?
– Individual Membership: $35
– Individual + Spouse Membership: $50
Join or pay your dues here.
While AAW membership is not required when joining the MAWt, you are encouraged to consider joining as there are several resources available including a subscription to the “American Woodturner” magazine. Please use the link provided for membership details: http://www.woodturner.org/
If you have any questions or comments, please contact MAWt Membership Chair George Wawrzyniak at email@example.com.
We hope to meet you at our next meeting!