On June 28, 2019, board members and other interested parties* from the two Milwaukee based woodturning clubs, both operating as chapters of the AAW, met and agreed to merge in the following manner:
Wisconsin Wood Turners (WWT) will cease to operate as an independent club at the end of the year 2019.
WWT will turn all assets over to Milwaukee Area Woodturners (MAWT) including:
- tools and machinery including what is owned outright and any interest in co-owned items.
- video equipment including what is owned outright and any interest in co-owned items.
- the library.
- any funds remaining in the checking account at the end of 2019 (current estimate is $1900).
In light of these considerations, MAWT board and members present agreed to provide MAWT membership free-of-charge for the remainder of 2019 and for all of 2020 for any WWT member in good standing.
Examples (using real people):
- Steve F. having paid both memberships in 2019 simply has a “free” membership in MAWT for 2020.
- Mike F. having paid for WWT membership only in 2019, may attend MAWT meetings for the remainder of 2019 and has a “free” membership in MAWT for 2020.
WWT will provide a membership list to MAWT. MAWT will include WWT members in future mailings. MAWT will give WWT members access to the MAWT website.
*Those present at the combined meeting were Ron Zdroik, Scott Kosterez Ken Thrun, Steve Fosticz, Tony Rozendaal, Eric Meigs, Robert Brzycki, Cami Brzycki , MichaelFigueira, Jay Pilling